Monday, July 30, 2007

Downloaded Audio Books

I was surpised at how easy it was to download a book from NetLibrary, and how easy it was to play it on my computer. I used the "radio quality" option, because it downloaded faster and takes up less space, but the sound was fine. I was interested to see that I have a license to play the book for the next three weeks; after that time I wonder if I just won't be able to access it, or will it be completely removed from my computer? Or maybe I will just have to renew the license. What if I'm a regular patron and I just want to renew my books? Hmm. My "23Things" will be over by then, but I am making a note to go back and check. Either way, I think downloading audio books is a cool way to use the library, and I thank Caroline County for being there for me to learn!
I have recommended Project Gutenberg to patrons in the past. One patron in particular, a blind lady whose computer is equiped with software that reads text to her, really found a good thing in Project Gutenberg, but I am going to start exploring and recommending others -- expecially those sites affliated with public libraries. Really, a tremendous service.

No comments: